Division of Temporary Assistance
& Social Services
Court House Annex
501 Second Street
Belvidere, NJ 07823
Phone: (908) 475-6301
Fax: (908) 475-1533
Mon. - Fri.
8:30 A.M. ~ 4:30 P.M.
The Social Service program provides a variety of services including Adult Protective Services, Boarding Home Services, Early Periodic Screening/Diagnosis and Treatment, Homeless Prevention, Information and Referral, and Medical Transportation.
- Adult Protective Services- This program exists to serve vulnerable adults; those adults 18 years of age and older living in the community, who lack sufficient understanding or capacity to make, communicate or carry out decisions concerning their well-being and are subject to abuse, neglect, or exploitation. Services are provided regardless of a persons income or assets. If the circumstances meet the APS criteria as outlined in the regulations, APS will recommend social, legal, financial, medical, and/or psychiatric services deemed necessary to stabilize the situation and to protect the client from further harm.
- Boarding Home Services- provides placement assistance and services to residents of rooming and boarding homes. Services include investigation of complaints regarding boarding homes and residential health care facilities.
- Early Periodic Screening/Diagnosis and Treatment Program- offers free periodic medical and dental examinations and follow-up treatment to children under age 21 who are eligible for Medicaid.
- Homeless Prevention Program/Emergency Assistance- provides emergency funds and prevention services to eligible households who are homeless or in imminent danger of becoming homeless. Limited funding available through a State grant. To reach emergency homeless services after 4:30 PM, please contact 1-877-661-4357.
- Information and Referral– provides information about community resources and services provided by Warren County Division of TASS as well as other County Human Service programs and partner agencies.
- Medical Transportation- provides for the arrangement of and payment for transportation for Medicaid eligible recipients to receive Medicaid covered services.