The Warren County Library System
 
   

Warren County Library System
Headquarters
2 Shotwell Drive
Belvidere, NJ 07823

Telephone: 908-475-6322
Fax: 908-475-6261
Website: www.warrenlib.org

Maureen Baker Wilkinson, Director
Telephone: 908-475-6338

Library Commission
Chairwoman, Virginia Rutledge; Vice Chairwoman, Marilynn A. Barone; Secretary, Trish Rokosz; Members, Alice Mollitor and Lynn Moore.

 
   

 

   
 
 
The Warren County Library was established by a vote of county residents on November 4, 1930. The library began with a strong service orientation that it maintains today. In 1932, the library was serving the county through 60 community bookmobile stations, 45 elementary school libraries and one high school. Although the methods of service delivery have changed, the library continues to provide free public library service to any county residents of the county's 17 townships: Allamuchy, Blairstown, Franklin, Frelinghuysen, Greenwich, Hardwick, Harmony, Hope, Independence, Knowlton, Liberty, Lopatcong, Mansfield, Oxford, Pohatcong, Washington and White Townships.
Residents of Alpha, Belvidere, Hackettstown, Phillipsburg and Washington Borough, whose municipalities have established their own libraries, and any other individuals living outside of Warren County Library's service area may purchase a nonresident library card to gain borrowing privileges.

The Warren County Library System has its Headquarters at 2 Shotwell Drive, White Township, located just south of Belvidere, and branches in Franklin Township, Independence Township and Blairstown Township. The Headquarters facility opened in its current location in April 2013, moving there from the Court House Annex in Belvidere where it opened in 1973. The Headquarters provides service to all eligible residents of the county, operates a bookmobile service, provides backup collections, reference service and professional assistance to the branches, and houses the library's administrative and business offices.

In October 1989, Warren County opened the Franklin Branch, located in the east wing of Warren County Technical School on Route 57 in Franklin Township. 

 

The branch serves as a public library and serves the needs of students and the residents of the 17 townships, drawing most heavily from the central portion of the county.


 

In 1990, a federation between the Warren County Library and the Phillipsburg Free Public Library was formed to improve library services to residents in townships adjacent to Phillipsburg.  In effect, the federation opens free library service at the Phillipsburg Library to residents of the 17 townships that belong to the Warren County Library System.

In February 1993, the Warren County Library opened the Northeast Branch in a renovated building on Route 46 in Independence Township. A larger location, also on Route 46 in Independence, opened in May 2011. This branch serves all residents but focuses particularly on the surrounding townships in the northeastern part of the county.


In January 1995, the formerly private Catherine Dickson Hofman Library became a branch of the Warren County Library. While open to all residents of the county's 17 townships, this branch primarily serves residents of the northwestern part of the county.

The Warren County Library System is directed by the Warren County Library Commission and the library administration.